When the Ford Zakspeed Turbo Capri Gr.5 first entered the German Racing Championship (DRM) in 1978, it was in a period of Porsche and BMW dominance. Eventually that would change, with 24 Hours of Le Mans winner K. Ludwig taking the 1981 Division 2 title in the Ford Zakspeed Capri Gr.5 sponsored by the German auto parts maker W?rth. The Capri was Ford’s 2-door coupe and as a result of wind-tunnel testing Zakspeed gave it a wide and low form which was complemented by a 1,427cc Ford BDA in-line four-cylinder DOHC engine.
- This is a 1/24 scale plastic model assembly kit.
- Length: 210mm, Width: 86mm, Height: 50mm
- The low and wide body is recreated faithfully, including jutting front spoiler and box spoiler, overhanging fenders and massive rear wing.
- Interior parts such as the roll cage, instrumentation and bucket seat are accurate replicas of those in the real car.
- Features metal-plated wheels.
- Decals are included to recreate the distinctive black and red markings, plus the sponsor’s logo.
- Kit includes driver figure.