In 1982, the Porsche 956 made its debut to endurance races and blew away all competitors and was called ‘the Invincible Group C Machine’. The following year and years to come saw privateer teams drive the 956 and getting great results. Among these teams was Richard Lloyd Racing which raced with the Canon racing livery and came second at the 1985 Le Mans 24 Hours with drivers Jonathan Parmer, James Weaver, and with Richard Lloyd himself at the helm. The Porsche attracted much attention during the race as it was troubled with computer problems during the middle stages of the race, and almost went on to claim victory.
- This is a 1/24 scale plastic assembly model kit.
- Length: 197mm, Width: 83mm.
- The aero dynamic body and the down force effect making chassis undersurface have been accurately reproduced.
- Other excellent features of this model is the high powered 600hp 6-cylinder twin turbo engine and its front and rear suspension. Even after completion of the model, you can detach the rear cowling and display the Porsche’s exquisite mechanical aspects.
- The Spartan cockpit also has a rich detailed finish.
- Adding more realism to this model is the solid rubber slick tires.
- Top quality Cartograf decals included.